Information for In-Person Worship
and Building Activity
Honoring our commitment to our collective health and the guidelines from the medical community, we believe we can build on the road we’ve traveled and walk forward together in faith!
It is a hopeful time as restrictions are easing, routines are returning, and we are gathering again in the ways that we once took for granted. We're excited to share updates to our guidelines for worship and other events:
- The church building is ready to welcome you home for small groups, classes, and in-person meetings. Procedures for reserving space in the building have resumed.
- When gathering in the building for groups, meetings, classes, etc., groups may make health and safety decisions based on the needs of their participants and the unique circumstances of the group. If you are not fully vaccinated, we recommend that you continue to wear a mask for the safety of yourself and others.
- There will be no restriction on the number of worshippers on Sunday mornings and all pews will be available for seating.
- As an intergenerational congregation (including children who do not yet have access to the vaccine), and one that sings, speaks, and interacts throughout the service, we encourage the wearing of masks during worship. We will continue to offer livestream worship each Sunday morning, and on-demand access to past services throughout the week.
***Children's Chapel continues this week! After the Time With Children, those age 3 through third grade can go enjoy special programming with prayer, song, stories, and fun. If your child wants to join Children’s Chapel, please make sure to complete a green nametag. Sunday morning care is available during worship for infants, toddlers, and two-year-old children. Join us on the playground for Summer Sunday Social after worship!
You can always worship online! You can join us virtually at 11:00 at SecondChurch.org/Live or Facebook.com/SecondChurch. We are full of hope and prayer as we look ahead to this next chapter at Second Presbyterian Church. Together, we will take this next step on our collective journey of faith.
Keep up to date with these Q&As regarding worship and building activity at Second:
Are we worshiping in person on Sunday morning?
Yes! There is no need to register, and there are no restrictions on the number of worshippers on Sunday mornings. All pews will be available for seating.
As an intergenerational congregation (including children who do not yet have access to the vaccine), and one that sings, speaks, and interacts throughout the service, we encourage the wearing of masks during worship. We will continue to offer livestream worship each Sunday morning at SecondChurch.org/Live, and on-demand access to past services throughout the week at SecondChurch.org/Watch.
Who can I contact to get approval for meeting within the building?
All building operations and activity require conversation with and approval from our staff, and is subject to restricted capacity, reserved space, registration, and local and state guidelines at minimum. Please call the church at (317) 253-6461 if you have questions.
What about use of the grounds at Second – like the community garden, parking lots, and other outdoor, open spaces on Second’s property?
We are blessed with beautiful church grounds that our ministries have used for Confirmation with families in the parking lot, Bible parades and outdoor ice cream celebrations for our first graders, curbside mission work through the Northside Food Pantry, and more! Just like our indoor spaces, outdoor areas need to be reserved. If your church group would like to use one of the parking lots, gardens or lawn spaces, please contact the church and work with our staff to make arrangements. Even in the outdoor areas, we ask that health and safety guidelines be followed, with appropriate masking and social distancing.
How can I stay up to date on what is happening at Second? How can I stay engaged?
We understand the strength that comes from being together – and we will encourage you to engage in ways that are comfortable for you. We also continue to seek new and creative ways to be in community. Here are a few things you can do to stay in touch!
- Sign up for our Monday Memo (this covers all ways to engage in the work and life of Second during the week)
- Follow us on Facebook
- Watch SecondChurch.org/Events for details of upcoming events and programs
- Visit our website for ways to serve, grow, engage, and worship
- Reach out to our leadership team and let us know how we can help!
What about CenterPoint Counseling? Can I seek counseling support through Second?
The team at CenterPoint Counseling would be happy to connect with you. This ministry within Second shifted to a telehealth model last year and has continued to serve clients faithfully in this way. Some in-person appointments are also available. Please contact CenterPoint at (317) 252-5518 to connect with a counselor today.