Information for In-Person Worship
and Building Activity
Honoring our commitment to our collective health and the guidelines from the medical community, we believe we can build on the road we’ve traveled and walk forward together in faith!
- As a congregation of compassionate care and community leadership, we thank you for wearing face coverings at Second. In doing so, we honor our commitment to the health of all and our shared call to value the vulnerable among us.
- We will continue to offer livestream worship each Sunday morning, and on-demand access to past services throughout the week.
- The church building is ready to welcome you home for small groups, classes, and in-person meetings. Procedures for reserving space in the building have resumed.
- There will be no restriction on the number of worshippers on Sunday mornings, and all pews will be available for seating.
- When gathering in the building for groups, meetings, classes, etc., groups may make health and safety decisions based on the needs of their participants and the unique circumstances of the group. If you are not fully vaccinated, we recommend that you continue to wear a mask for the safety of yourself and others.
Keep up to date with these Q&As regarding worship and building activity at Second:
Are we worshiping in person on Sunday morning?
Yes! There is no need to register, and there are no restrictions on the number of worshippers on Sunday mornings. All pews will be available for seating.
As an intergenerational congregation (including children who do not yet have access to the vaccine), and one that sings, speaks, and interacts throughout the service, we encourage the wearing of masks during worship. We will continue to offer livestream worship each Sunday morning at SecondChurch.org/Live, and on-demand access to past services throughout the week at SecondChurch.org/Watch.
How can I schedule a meeting or event in the church building?
Please contact your ministry assistant to reserve rooms and spaces within the church. If you are unsure who to work with, you can call the church at (317) 253-6461.
What about use of the grounds at Second – like the community garden, parking lots, and other outdoor, open spaces on Second’s property?
We are blessed with beautiful church grounds that our ministries have used for gatherings, worship, and mission projects. Just like our indoor spaces, outdoor areas need to be reserved. If your church group would like to use one of the parking lots, gardens or lawn spaces, please contact the church and work with our staff to make arrangements.
How can I stay up to date on what is happening at Second? How can I stay engaged?
We understand the strength that comes from being together – and we will encourage you to engage in ways that are comfortable for you. We also continue to seek new and creative ways to be in community. Here are a few things you can do to stay in touch!
- Sign up for our Monday Memo (this covers all ways to engage in the work and life of Second during the week)
- Follow us on Instagram (@SecondPresIndy) and Facebook
- Watch SecondChurch.org/Events for details of upcoming events and programs
- Visit our website for ways to serve, grow, engage, and worship
- Reach out to our leadership team and let us know how we can help!
What about CenterPoint Counseling? Can I seek counseling support through Second?
The team at CenterPoint Counseling would be happy to connect with you. This ministry within Second shifted to a telehealth model and has continued to serve clients faithfully in this way. Some in-person appointments are also available. Please contact CenterPoint at (317) 252-5518 to connect with a counselor today.