In the fall, our church parking lot serves as a collection site for area churches and families to drop off emergency cleanup buckets and hygiene kits. Church World Service distributes these much-needed supplies to those affected by wildfires, hurricanes, flooding, and other disasters in the U.S. and around the world.
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance(an organization within our denomination) partners with Church World Service to collect, store, and distribute relief kits.
The Church World Service website has details about the emergency cleanup buckets and hygiene kits, including printable shopping lists and videos showing how to pack the kits.
For five years, our church has been a collection depot for Church World Service, facilitating the gathering and storage of emergency cleanup buckets and hygiene kits. We are united in our mission to serve those in most need.
Who is Presbyterian Disaster Assistance?
Here are some quick facts from 2021:
- $3.1 million granted in 30 states and 15 countries
- 60 National Response Team members deployed to 19 presbyteries.
- 112 Presbyterian Women trained in Disaster Preparedness
- 400 work team volunteers served in CA, NC, NE and NJ
- Developed a new grant opportunity supporting refugee and asylum advocacy programs
- Hosted more than 500 people in 41 Emotional & Spiritual programs
- In partnership with Church World Service, assisted in the collection and distribution of 191,182 Gift of the Heart kits and blankets
THANK YOU for helping your church help those in need!