All Church Art Exhibit
You are invited to participate in the annual all-church exhibit, known as Eighth Day of Creation. The 2020 exhibit, sub-titled “Holding Faith, Together” will be exhibited ONLINE only. Artists of all ages and skill are welcome to submit up to three works of art. (Submission instructions are below.)
This has been a year of change, renewal and even of transformation for many of us as we “hold faith, together” during these challenging times. While the seasons have gone on in their round, we have missed our regular in-person contacts with family and friends, and with our church. Maybe you have had more time for inspiration, for breathing in the Spirit and being renewed. Scripture reminds us that creation is ongoing, and that transformation is to be valued.
"When you send forth your spirit, they are created; and you renew the face of the earth." (Psalm 104:30)
"And the one who was seated on the throne said, 'See, I am making all things new.'" (Revelation 21:5)
We invite you to participate the annual all-church exhibit, known as Eighth Day of Creation from October 4 to December 4, 2020. This year’s exhibit will be different from in past years for two reasons. First, to quote Rev. Chris Henry, “In a time of unexpected challenge and opportunity, we have been equipped to keep going, called to walk forward in faith.” We hope that this has been a fertile time for your activities as an artist. As we hold faith, together, we invite you to share your artistic talents with your church community.
Second, because we know that the reopening of the church building will be limited and cautious as long as serious health threats remain, this year’s all-church exhibit will be presented ONLINE. Young and old, novice and professionals from our Second Presbyterian Church community are welcome to submit one to three works of art by Friday, October 2.
UPLOAD YOUR ART HERE: https://tinyurl.com/holdfaith
Since we are using an online gallery to show your work, please upload a photograph of each piece you wish to enter, following the instructions below:
- Photograph your work with a good camera, or scan it.
- Crop the image to remove any background and/or frame. If possible, edit the photo to get it as close to your original work as you can.
- If your work is three-dimensional, photograph it from the angle you like best and crop it so that the work itself fills the photo as much as possible.
- Resize the image so that it is between 1.5 and 3 megabytes total. For example, a 5” x 7” photo at 300 pixels per inch (ppi) will usually be between 1.5 and 2 MB. E. Title your image file with your last name, first name, and title of the work – for example, Smith Penelope A Garden in Spring.
- Go to https://tinyurl.com/holdfaith and complete the entry form by Friday, 10/2.
Note: Even though the exhibit is virtual, space is limited. Depending on the number of submissions, all three of your submissions may not appear in the exhibit. Additionally, the Fine Arts Advisory Team reserves the right to refuse any work that is not properly prepared for the exhibit or that is deemed inappropriate. If necessary, your images may be edited to meet exhibit requirements.
QUESTIONS: Contact Carol Baker, fine arts coordinator, at (317) 345-6785 (cell) or CBaker@SecondChurch.org.