Retreats, Trips & Activities
RETREATS AND TRIPS
Middle School Winter Trip - Presidents' Weekend - Great Wolf Lodge - Slide down water slides, hang out in the pool, spend time with friends, grow in your faith. This is a great time to get to know one other better and enjoy a weekend away. Click here for details and to register. Click here for the packing list.
- High School Winter Trip - Presidents' Day Weekend - Jameson Camp - We will meet at noon on Saturday, February 18 at Jameson Camp - click here for directions and information on the retreat center. Don't miss this opportunity to get away from school and schedules for a time of relaxing, refreshing fellowship, and fantastic faith conversation with other students in a beautiful environment. This will be a weekend you won't soon forget. Retreat ends at noon on Sunday, February 19. Pick up at the camp. Click here for the packing list.
- SUMMER SERVICE TRIPS
The dates and locations will be set soon for the summer of 2017.
Fall Retreat - Camp PYOCA - Home - November 2017 - all youth - 6th-12th grades.
Come get away from the busyness of the everyday and take time with friends for fellowship and faith exploration.
If you haven't done so, please fill out the online release and release form.
Scholarships are available for many of these activities.
Please contact Stephanie Bewley or Tyler Wolfcale for information on these available funds.
Summer 2016 Trips
- Footsteps of Faith - follow the adventure at www.footstepsfaith.blogspot.com
- Middle School Service Trip - see what happened in Cincinnati, OH
- High School Service Trip - Chicago, IL - Check out what happened at www.2ndyouthtrips.blogspot.com.
Our service trip philosophy can be found here.
In addition to church-wide service projects, the youth of Second Presbyterian Church serve regularly in these (and many other) ways:
- Hospitality Team - greeting and driving the Spirit Shuttle;
- Canned Food Collection - year round for Northside Food Pantry;
- Scripture Reading - worship services throughout the year;
- Fall Service Day - mid-September;
- Crop Walk - mid-October;
- Presbyterian Women Bazaar - Friday & Saturday in early November;
- Advent Workshop - early December;
- Christmas Benevolence Food Shopping Night - Wednesday in early December;
- Christmas Eve Candlelight and Carols Worship Service;
- Souper Bowl of Caring - first Sunday in February;
- Kenya Carnival - Community Carnival - February or March;
- Spring Service Day - Early April;
- Presbyterian Women Summer Sale - early June;
- VBS Volunteering - late June;
- Middle School Work Trip - late June;
- High School Work Trips - two different weeks mid-July.
SUMMER OF SERVICE 2016
Great adventures were had by all!
Middle School Service Trip - June 27-July 1 - Cincinnati - working with mission partners in the city. Fun and surprises along the way.
High School Service Trip - July 24-30 - Chicago - living and working in the city. Staying at Fourth Presbyterian Church downtown.
Check out the stories of our summer here.