Vision and Objectives
Youth Ministries at Second Presbyterian Church seeks to provide middle and high school students (grades 6-12) with a welcoming, safe and encouraging community, which encourages faith discovery, spiritual growth, dedication to Jesus Christ, and full engagement in the corporate life of Second Presbyterian Church. Youth Ministries at Second is a space where middle and high school students gather not to witness an event but to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
We believe this can best be accomplished through the integration of all youth into the broader life of the church by their full participation in:
- service opportunities and trips;
- development of community initiatives;
- all Christian education offerings;
- church-wide stewardship efforts; and
- the church's institutional structure (ministry teams, committees, board of deacons, etc.)
To view our entire integrative youth ministry philosophy, click here.