Children's Circle Preschool Mission
The Mission of Children's Circle Preschool is to extend the Second Presbyterian Church family of faith and its Christian traditions to a weekday program for young children in our congregation and in the community. This ministry embraces excellence in education by nurturing the whole child — physically, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually.
Children’s Circle Preschool is a weekday, developmentally appropriate, activity-based, Christian program.
- We meet the needs of the whole child in a fun, creative, nurturing environment.
- We believe in the value and uniqueness of each child.
- We strive to develop in our children the qualities of confidence, compassion, creativity, curiosity, and competence.
- We believe a learning environment should be safe and loving, challenging, stimulating, and developmentally appropriate.
- We believe our role as teachers is to model Christian values, respect each child, provide security and acceptance, be good observers of children, protect self-esteem, be good listeners, and support and assist parents.
- We acknowledge a reciprocal learning process. As the children learn from us, we also learn from them.
Children and Family Ministry
Children and Families
The Children and Family Ministry of Second Presbyterian Church seeks through worship, study, fellowship and service to support families as they grow in faith. Here our children are claimed in baptism, wrapped in love, grounded in the stories of our faith and called by Jesus to lives of faithful discipleship.
Children and Families Opportunities: